What to do in your Mallorca Family Holidays
You will never be disappointed visiting Mallorca with your family. This island destination is accessed by boat or plane, and from the moment you arrive the littlest members of the family will be overwhelmed with excitement. Spending your Mallorca family holidays with children is perfect because it offers fun for both kids and adults.
There are endless leisure activities available related to the sea and water sports. You will also find theme parks, animal spaces, unique cultural activities and incredible natural landscapes, making it the perfect family destination.
If you’re looking for the best activities with children in Mallorca, this post will tell you everything you need to know. Discover some of the best activities that you can enjoy with your little ones on this island!
Activities and places of interest for your Mallorca Family Holidays
Below is a list of some activities for you and your family that you can do in Mallorca that we are your will love:
– Visit castles. These buildings preserve a special historical aura that will enlighten and inspire your kids. Bellver, Alaró and Capdepera are some sites we would particularly recommend.
– Explore stunning natural spaces. The Albufereta de Alcudia and the Albufera de Muro offer fun spaces that are great for bike rides, along with lookout points and picnic areas.
– Hiking. There are a number of short and pleasant trails that you will love to explore, and many of them end up at the beach, so are perfect in the summer. Cala Mondragó, Son Real, Es Cala en Artà and Cala Boquer are some good options.
– Spend time with animals. Choose from one of the island’s many animal farms and have a great time watching your little ones enjoying them. Feeding these delightful creatures is a joy.
– Explore the Serra de Tramuntana. The mountains and hiking routes you’ll find here among the holm oaks and dry crops make for a perfect family setting. Here is our recommendation in Serra de Tramuntana
– Watch the sunset. The Cap Gros lighthouse is one of the best spots in Spain to witness this resplendent natural wonder. The panoramic view over Sóller port could not be more striking.
Beaches and water sports for the whole family
Of course, when planning activities in your Mallorca Family Holidays you must take advantage of its beaches and extraordinary coves. There are endless different options, but the best are those with shallow waters, good services, soft sand and shady areas. And if they also provide children’s play areas nearby, even better.
So take note, as this selection should be at the top of your list of beaches to enjoy with your family:
– Alcudia. This beach is large, tourist-friendly and clean, and has a play area.
– Palmanova in Calvià At just ten minutes from Palma, this beach offers a children’s park and a fantastic promenade.
– Canyamel in Capdepera. Particularly impressive for its dark-coloured sand and large pine grove, which offers a pleasant shady area to cool off. It is also a good place to avoid large crowds.
– Muro. The shallow waters at this large beach allow your kids to venture further out will stay on their feet. It also has a pine grove so you are sure to find a nice shady spot.
Hiking trails and family excursions
You will never struggle to find what to do with kids in your Mallorca family holidays, because it is an island brimming with activities, trails and unique experiences to enjoy as a family. What do you think of these delightful excursions with children in Mallorca?
Discover the experience of travelling in a boat to this island with hiking trails, swimming areas and friendly black lizards, known as sargantanas, who scurry around among visitors. You’ll be able to see how they live in their natural habitat and enjoy a unique experience as a family.
Another great option is to visit the town of Alcudia, with its spectacular beach and unmissable water park: Hidropark. Walking along the ramparts, renting a catamaran or exploring the bottom of the sea at Coll Baix Beach are just some of the charming activities available here.
The caves of Campanet are probably the best option for visiting with children. They are equally as impressive as the more well-known Artà and Drach caves. The latter are located in Portocristo, Manacor, and are 1,200 metres long and reach depths of 25 metres below sea level. Who knows what might be living in the world’s largest underground lake…
Trail through beautiful villages
This walk through Mallorca includes such charming villages as Sóller, Deià, Banyalbufar, Valldemossa, Portocolom and Fornalutx in the Serra de Tramuntana. Exploring the various villages in the area is always a great way to enjoy a day with the family.
Now you know it: Mallorca has the best to offer for you and your family
At Ideal Property Mallorca, we offer the best family accommodation on the entire island. We have fantastic options in Alcudia, Buger, Can Picafort and many other locations. It is specially necesary to have a big accomodation especially when you come with kids. You will have a fantastic time on the island on your Mallorca family holidays, there are many activities for the little ones, and you will love them too. It’s a safe bet! A family holiday in Mallorca has everything you could need, so book now! You will love Mallorca with children.